ul. J. Dąbrowskiego 70
tel: +48 22 854 01 77
fax: +48 22 854 01 80
Cyprus offers a broad selection of cold meats and products of meat processing, produced according to traditional recipes.
Both the process of production and packing are automated using state-of-the art technology; continuous modernization of machines, constant control over conditions and supervision over quality of products ensures that the products are of the highest standards.
The production process of regional Cypriot cold meats is usually complicated and laborious – it generally lasts several months, especially when traditional recipe requires long-term marinating and smoking.
The most important, traditional Cypriot cold meats are produced mostly from fresh pork, marinated in red wine, with a large addition of herbs and spices, and they include:
- Loukanika– smoked sausage which taste depends on the region where it has been produced. Normally a lot of coriander and other spices are added to it. It tastes best when fried or grilled.
- Lountza – smoked pork loin tenderloin, it may be served cold, fried or grilled.
- Hiromeri – very aromatic smoked pork ham produced only in Cyprus.
- Posirti – smoked pork bacon.
- Pastourmas – sausage made from beef meat with the addition of pepper and Trigonella.
Other Cypriot meat products include ham, salami, mortadella, etc.
Products of the Cypriot sausage industry find many willing buyers in the US and markets of Western Europe.